This is not a web form!
You can view, print or copy and paste it into a Word document or email message. If copied into
a Word program, please submit the application by attaching the document to an email. Please don’t
copy and paste the Word document into an email, it doesn’t copy properly. If printed and filled out
by hand, please submit by regular mail to the address below. A scanned
copy usually doesn’t send or arrive properly. Please don't send Applications in Excel format.
If you have any questions or problems please contact our Webmaster at email@example.com
Rescue of East Tennessee
City:__________________ State:_______ Zip___________Phone:________________
E-mail address: ______________________
1. Why do you want a Shetland Sheepdog?
2. Have you ever owned a Sheltie before? _____________
Do you still have that dog?
What happened to your last dog? __________________
4. During the past two years:
a. Have you lost a pet (not through
b. Have you had one poisoned? ________________
Have you had one killed by a vehicle? __________
d. Have you had one die due to disease?
5. For what
purpose do you want this dog? _______________________________________________
6. Do you have any other animals? _______
If yes, list type,
age & sex _________________________
7. Do you have children at home ___ Number:____
8. Do you live in a house?_______ Apartment
9. Do you rent or own? _____________________________
10. If you rent, do you have the landlord’s permission
to keep a dog?____
11. Do you have a yard?_______
Is it fenced?_______
What type of fencing? ___________________________
Do all adults in the family work?____
Is someone home during the day? ____
Please explain: _______________________________
What provisions will be made for your Sheltie if no one is home during the
14. Do you
intend to keep this dog primarily indoors or outdoors? _______
Where will it sleep? ____________________________
15. Do you have a sex preference?
16. Do you have a color
preference? Color _____ Second choice _____
No preference _______
17. Would you consider an older dog? _____To what age? ______
18. What size Sheltie do you prefer? __________________
19. Are other members of your household aware that you are
a dog? ____ Do any of them have any objections?____
20. Are you prepared to accept the financial responsibilities of caring for an
animal, including veterinary care, good quality food, licensing, etc?___
Are you planning to move in the near future? __________
22. Is anyone in your house allergic to dogs? ____________
23. Are you familiar with the animal control regulations in your area? ___
24. Is this dog going to be a gift? ___ For whom? _________
Do they know they are getting
the dog? ______________
25. Do you understand
that any rescue Sheltie you may adopt through Sheltie
Rescue will be spayed/neutered? ______
26. What circumstances, in your mind, justify getting rid of a dog? ________________________________________________
27. Are you willing to allow a rescue representative to visit
your home by
28. Do you accept that there will be a fee ranging from $350
for puppies and young adults to $100 for senior and special needs dogs to adopt a dog? _____________
29. Name and phone number of all veterinarians used in the last 5 years.
30. May we call your vet(s)? Yes______ No______
If no, please explain. ___________________________________________
I am in full agreement with the Sheltie Rescue of East
Tennessee Terms of Adoption (attached). By signing below, I am attesting to the truthfulness of my answers. I understand that
falsification of any of the above information will be grounds to disallow adoption of a rescue Sheltie.
NOTE: If you are
under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must also sign this application. Thank you for considering
a dog from Sheltie Rescue of East Tennessee. If you have any questions, or if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate
We reserve the right to refuse any applicant.
If mailing please return to:
Sheltie Rescue of East Tennessee
c/o Larry Jenkins
P O Box 2354
Greeneville, TN 37744
If e-mailing please send to the person fostering the Sheltie you are interested in.
Rescue of East TN Official Use Only
If you would like to see our adoption agreement, contact us and we will email a sample form.